What Sort of Memory Do I have and Want?
- What kinds of information do you remember best: faces, shapes, colors, smells, names, dates, or facts? Why do you think this is?
Remembering the shapes, smells and facts is one of my habits. Fact is something that cannot be forgotten. As people say that fact is fact and we can’t change it. I don’t have any reason for why am I remembering smells and shapes, but it is my ability that I can recognize something well, or the thing that I have seen it for the first time in my life.
- What kinds of information do you have the greatest difficulty remembering? Why do you think this type of information is hard for you to remember?
Sometimes, when my parents ask me for some grocery to buy, I forget that soon. When I hear speeches which do not relate to me or are not important, in that case I forget them in brief. The reason is that I don’t concentrate and focus of unimportant words.
- Is there any particular source of information about which you can remember exceptional amounts, such as baseball records or movie trivia? Why do you think you remember this information so effortlessly?
Yes, remembering movies’ scenes are my habits. I remember the scenes of whatever movies I have seen before. Sometimes, I remember most of their dialogs. The reason is that movies are really interesting, and we can keep interesting dialogs and scenes in our mind. However, when some movies are not interesting for us, we cannot remember their scenes very well because that is something we don’t like to keep them in mind, and we do not show more interest in them.
- Do you use any memorizing technique now? Have you ever tried any in the past?
I have never used any memorizing technique, but whenever I find something that should be kept in mind, I try to notice that carefully, and repeat that speech or event in my mind, until memorizing it. It is my secret that I keep new information in my mind.
- Suppose scientists devised a “memory drug” that would allow you to remember everything to which you were exposed. What would be the advantages and disadvantages of such a drug? Would you be likely to use it?
No, memory drugs will be something that remembers me my past. The past times that I spent both in good and bad situations, the bitter memories that I had in the past. I want to forget whatever happened in past, and want to start a new life from this time. I know I don’t have a good past; it is good to forget everything. Past is past, I cannot go to change that, but I can bring some changes in my future. I can change my future, and don’t want to remember my past. The memory drag will give me only sad feelings, but not happiness.